August is usually a nerve-racking month for tons of of hundreds of UK college students who obtain the outcomes of their A and AS-level exams. To provide college students recommendation on their subsequent steps as soon as they’ve their outcomes, the Division for Youngsters,Faculties and Households (DCSF) has arrange a Nationwide Examination Outcomes Helpline that’s operating till 29th August 2009: 0808 100 8000.
Through the use of a freephone 0808 quantity (which is strictly the identical as an 0800 quantity) the DCSF has enabled college students and their households to name the Examination Outcomes Helpline completely free from a landline. Nevertheless up board 12th result 2018, name prices from a cell will range and that is of specific significance as a result of the overwhelming majority of scholars are prone to depend on their cell phones.
This displays the most recent findings from Ofcom which discovered that 44.5% of all UK calls at the moment are constructed from cell phones (Ofcom Communication Market Report 2009). To ensure that the DCSF to supply callers an excellent deal from a landline AND cell, the Nationwide Examination Outcomes Helpline must be an 03 quantity that are included in cell customers’ free minutes.
Listed below are 10 the explanation why the Nationwide Examination Helpline must be an 03 Quantity:
1. 03 numbers value individuals the identical to name as common landline (01/02 numbers) even from a cell phone. They’re additionally included within the free minutes allocations supplied by each cell and landline community suppliers. That is of specific significance for callers to the Nationwide Examination Helpline when nearly all of the callers are college students who are likely to depend on their cell phones.
2. Like all non-geographic numbers, 03 numbers allow organizations to smarten up the way in which they take care of calls with clever options like introduction messages (“Thanks for calling the Nationwide Examination Helpline”) and choices menus (e.g. “Press 1 for info on the clearing course of, press 2 for normal inquiries” and many others.)
three. There’s a vary of 03 numbers – zero30 numbers which can be completely for public our bodies and not-for-profit organizations to make use of.
four. Callers may be queued, that means that each one essential calls might be answered. That is notably related for the Examination Helpline which is marketed nationally and can inevitably get tons of of hundreds of calls.
5. Organizations can handpick a extremely memorable quantity that their callers will recall simply.
6. Calls to 03 numbers may be simply recorded for coaching functions.
7. 03 numbers merely ‘sit’ on prime of any landline or cell quantity. No extra tools or is required.
eight. 03 numbers may be cheap to run if you happen to hunt down the supplier with probably the most aggressive providing in the marketplace (e.g. 30,000 free inbound minutes per 30 days and as soon as they’ve been used zero.5 pence per minute for all calls obtained after that).
9. It is attainable to see the geographic location of callers and the busy durations of the group utilizing on-line name statistics packages.
10. 03 numbers and their options are totally managed on-line. No extra or tools is required and settings may be modified at any time and from wherever with an web connection.
The ever-increasing reputation of cell phones signifies that the uptake of 03 numbers has grown considerably. Not solely do they supply all the advantages of 08 numbers, however they provide all callers an excellent deal and there’s a vary (zero30 numbers) that’s completely for public our bodies and not-for-profit organizations.
Many public our bodies at the moment are utilizing 0300 numbers, together with the Division of Well being, Firms Home and the BBC and it appears that evidently it will not be lengthy earlier than 03 is the telephone variety of alternative for all within the public sector.